What happens now?
Once you fill in your email address in the box above and click submit:
- You will be sent an automated email asking you to confirm that it is
really you that asked to sign up. The email contains a confirmation
- If this email does not arrive, please check your spam folder.
- Once you click the link to confirm, you will receive a second email with a
link to the Event Manager system
- Clicking this link takes you to the Riding Diary Event Manager register
- Your email address will be pre-filled in as your username.
- You can change your password and complete as much or as little of the page
as you wish.
- Your name and email address will not be displayed on the Riding Diary
website unless you choose to do so as a contact for an event.
- Only the Riding Diary administrators have access to email addresses and
names of event organisers who have signed up to use the Event Manager
- We will not pass on your details to any third party.
Why do I need to sign up to use the RD Event
There are a number of reasons:
- To ensure that only genuine event organisers can add info to the RD.
- To ensure your email address is being used with your permission.
- To ensure that only a genuine email address is used as your username.
- To confirm that we have your correct email address should we need to
contact you regarding the event details you have added.
- To enable us to confirm with you if we are told that an event has been
- To allow us to send you service announcements, Riding Diary update
information, new services available, etc.
We aim to protect you and to protect the integrity of the Riding Diary website.
Who are Aweber?
Aweber are the company we pay to handle the emailing practicalities on our
behalf. Using them means that we can send our emails efficiently to a
large group of people who want to use a service we offer; for example, the
Riding Diary Judges List, or the Riding Diary Event Manager. We therefore
do not have to send blind-copied emails to a group, we do not have to deal with
email addresses that bounce or ensuring that anyone who un-subscribes is removed
from our list immediately. This is all done for us by them - a service
that we pay them for. Needless to say, they do not have permission to use our
group of email addresses themselves.
We categorically do not pass your email address onto any third party.
Nor do we accept payment from companies to send emails to you on their
behalf. The only emails you will receive once you sign up are from
us. And on each email that we send to you via Aweber, there is always the
option to un-subscribe.
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Email: [email protected]
The Riding Diary Website