Additional Event Information
WHY WOULD YOU USE GAIT ANALYSIS?
• Evaluate your horses’ soundness and asymmetries.
• Evaluate any weakness and provide advice on support.
• Evaluate your horses foot balance.
• Ultimately helping to prevent injury and maintain soundness.
HOW IT WORKS
• Markers are placed on the horse’s skin which identify joint centres, these are used so that the system can track the markers and work out how much each joint is moving.
• Centaur uses high speed cameras which capture at 300 frames per second, to put this into context this is 25 x faster than the human eye. We are looking for subtle changes within the gait pattern which could indicate weakness / lameness and if left undetected could manifest into an injury. Most horses are asymmetric however it is being aware of these asymmetries so that support mechanism can be in place to help and maintain soundness.
• You will walk and trot along a designated track as well as on the lunge.
• All of the results are generated by software removing any biased or subjective opinions.
• A report is produced with a step by step explanation of how your horse is moving.
Times for your session will be shared on the Monday prior to the clinic date. Please specify in the booking notes if you're looking for a particular time.
Booking to be made via Equo Events. https://www.equoevents.co.uk/ViewEvent/ViewEventDetails/31154
email [email protected]
with any questions.
Venue address: Bournefield Animal Rehabilitation Centre, Union Road, Bradfield, Reading, Berks, RG7 6AA. We are part of a working farm with cattle in a nearby barn and farm machinery.
Withdrawal policy: If notification of withdrawal is given more than 14 days in advance of event date a refund will be issued minus a 10% admin fee. If notification of withdrawal is given less than 14 days but more than 48 hours in advance a transfer or refund can be offered only when your space can be filled from the waitlist. If your space can be filled from the waitlist (prior to 48 hours) a refund will be issued minus a 10% admin fee. Withdrawals made less than 48 hours before the event, for whatever reason, are non-refundable. If the event is cancelled we will refund the amount you paid minus any processing or services fees using the same payment method used for purchase.